Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hawken's first day in nursery!

My sweet baby Hawken went to nursery at church for the first time today. The kids have to be 18 months old to go, and he will be on the 3rd. It was a week early, but since we are leaving to start our huge road trip tomorrow, we wanted him to go today with Matix in the nursery he is already used to (in case he needed some comforting). Here he is, my big boy, SO excited to go to nursery!! :) Doesn't he look handsome?!
It was weird that I had some mixed feelings about this. He is such a mama's boy, I thought he might really miss me... apparently not. :) I took him in and sat with him while he ran around like a wild man showing me all the toys. "Yook yook! A ball! A cah!" (look look! a ball! a car!) He was in love! I told the boys that I could stay for 2 more minutes and then I would go. Hawken turned around and said "bye bye mommy." ???? What?! :) He was fine?! He didn't need me? Matix was the one who wanted me to stay, as usual, but was fine with me leaving since I told him he shouldn't cry because it might make the baby sad. That worked. Matix is a very concerned older brother and takes good care of his baby.

When I came to get the boys after the 2 hours there, they were both happily playing. When Hawken saw me, he did this fake cry thing he does sometimes to get attention. But I asked, "Did you have fun?" and he snapped out of the fake crying bit and showed me all the great things in nursery. He even hugged and kissed his teachers good bye. It was so sweet. I am SO glad it went well.

Today was also a combined priesthood and relief society meeting for the 3rd hour which meant Paul and I got to go together, without any children, for the first time since Matix was born in September 2008. WOW! It was so nice. I quite enjoyed myself and the time with my hubby. :) Hooray for great church programs like nursery!!

4 comments:

Ray, Star, Tanner, and Connor said...

Wish Tanner was like Hawken! Tanner still cries sometimes when we take him to nursery although he asks to go all week long. Hawken is so cute in those pictures!
I'm thinking it helped to have Matix in there!

Mom said...

Remember your secret sign?

Mom said...

By the way, I'd love a copy of the third picture in this post. What a doll!!!

Josh and Kelly said...

How did this happen?! He is growing up so fast!