Here's the question though... What do I do with a girl? Granted I have 5 sisters myself, but I have only ever raised my two rambunctious BOYS! I know all about trucks and bugs and all that great boy stuff. Don't get me wrong, my boys are also very snuggly and love lots of typical "girl" things too, like princess movies for example... But still, I am wondering, is raising a girl that much different than a boy? If so, I need tips. :)
8 comments:
Wish I had some advice, but I'll be learning right along with you!
It's only different if you make it different. Yes, her likes and dislikes will be different but the boys are different from each other as well. You don't have to make her a delicate princess. She can be a truck loving, dirt digging, tree climbing little girl. You'll do just fine!
In the short time that I've experienced raising a boy and girl the one thing I've noticed is Logan has been much slower to grasp certain things cognitively. Physically, Lucy took way longer to walk than Logan. Could just be their personalities but I'm pretty sure these are boy/girl differences. We are so happy that you are having a girl! Girls are SO FUN! Bryce and I are already making bets on what her name will be. :)
Having both a girl and boy is so much fun! I think boys and girls are very similar but also have so many differences too! I think most of it is based on personality though! Raylee for me was SO MUCH MORE EMOTIONAL and would break down ALL the time! She was So sensitive and was very much a people pleaser. Tytan is more stubborn and time outs hardly affect him at all! He was so active physically where Raylee loved to be active too but she also loved to sit and color with me or do things like that for hours! I think you are going to do great! I think having a girl love dirt and bugs as much as dress up is a perfect combo! No one better for the job than you!
Jessie!! I am so excited you are having a girl! I scrolled down to watch you open the envelop and to find out what it was... I laughed how paul excitedly said "its a piece of paper!" haha you guys are so fun :)
...as for advice, i've never raised a little girl (or a little boy for that matter haha)so my guess is as good as yours, but I am taking a parenting class in a few weeks, so if I hear anything good than I'll let you know :) Oh wait! that reminds me, I read a book a few years ago called 'why gender matters: What Parents and Teachers Need to Know about the Emerging Science of Sex Differences" by leonard sax... my roommate had to read it for one of her education classes to be a teacher but I ended up picking it up and reading it all the way through, I thought it was really interesting and may be of some help?
hey! Ididn't comment on the its a ... movie- post it's my favorite- I LOVE it! and it was precious- also I thought it was a girl so I'm proud of me! we can't wait to play and I want to say hello to that girlie tummy of yours!
If you figure this one out, let me know ;) I'm pretty sure it's the same for a long while anyways...
I agree with Michigan Roys. It's only different if you make it different. I raised you girls to be rough-and-tumble, unafraid, camping, "scovering," science girls.
Post a Comment