Then I went to a thrift store and found a bunch of these old Disney books, and I got an idea! :) I bought them, traced the bottle caps around the faces of the characters, cut them out, used mod podge to glue them into the caps, and voila! Cute matching game. Of course I don't have a picture of us playing the game, but it's cute.
Hawken isn't old enough to understand the game, but likes to play with the caps anyway and name the characters he knows. Matix, however, LOVES the game and is getting really good at it too. We flip them all face down and try to make a match, since each character has 2 caps. Matix is also really into movies lately, so playing a game with all the memorable characters is pretty fun! Hooray for up-cycling trash and unwanted books into a great game!
Now I have another million caps... Any ideas for ways to use them? I was thinking maybe sorting colors? Or something simple like that so Hawken can participate more... ?
7 comments:
drill a hole in them and have them make necklaces. String them up and use them as a count down till pauls graudation (I don't know how many you have).
Drill 'em and string 'em. Oh! That's what Jamie said, too! How about drilling them with a fairly large hole and using them to stack onto a dowel for counting, sorting colors, etc.
Along with what the others said - drill a hole in them string them up and make home aid wind chimes?
Allyson took wooden blocks and made Christmas tree decorations. i love them. She colored them and put letters etc on them and my tree usally has a toy theme. Kids love to stack blocks also. What a great idea with the bottle caps. Baylee loves to play the matching game and yours will last longer then ittle paper peices.
You could also glue magnets to the back to use on the fridge.
Numbers, letters, shapes, colors, animals, etc. would all be good. It would be similar to this idea I saw recently: http://iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com/2011/05/alphabet-rocks.html
Oh I love this idea! Good thinking, I may try this! I bet Matix would love some kind of toss/sliding game with them
That is so cool--I love it! What a great way to recycle!
Post a Comment