Friday, May 25, 2012

Carson's party

Carson had his 4th birthday party! It was water themed and the boys were SUPER excited about it.  Carson is in Matix’s sunbeam class in church, but Hawken gets along with him really well too, in fact, I think he prefers Hawken, but at this point our boys are kind of a package deal. :)  Here is Carson, the birthday boy, with our boys.

The party was a blast and we all had fun.  There were water balloons, a slip and slide, a pool with a slide, a water table, super soakers, and more. It was too cute. 

How cute does little miss Lullers look?! That skirt was one of Allie’s (Carson’s little sister).  I wish I had taken more pictures of her this day, but she was pretty cranky (teething) so she needed to be held 90% of the time.

Tracy made this cake, and you bet I am going to ask her to make cakes for my kids when it comes time. She is so talented.

The party was so fun.  When we left, things got interesting… I warned Paul (who was driving) not to go too close to this huge curb cut on their street. He said, “I think I can make it.” Lovely last words before he popped our tire. Yep, there was a huge chunk taken out of it when he drove right into that ditch that I warned him about. :) Oh well. Luckily the other boys still at the party came over to help, and Paul had it fixed in only a few minutes.  Matix and Hawken were happily watching Speed Racer in the car and had no idea what was going on.  Lullaby and I walked back to the party to hang out with the other girls until the car was ready to go.

We drove to the tire store to get a new spare.  190 dollars later… after Paul said to “match the tires” meaning with the original luxury edition fancy $190 tires… We were ready to go.

This is how I felt about the whole thing.  Why do you not listen to your wifey Paul? :)

7 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

Ha ha I love when you include your reaction photos!

Anonymous said...

I have learned that men can handle anything, so they think.

The kids are sure growing, they are so cute!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

What a bummer. I feel ya' on the hubby's needing to listen to us more often. ha such is life i guess.

Mom said...

Don't be a back-seat driver. You hate that!

Mom said...

Great cake! Lotta work!!

Megan@Just For Me...And You said...

Aww I loved this post. I will have to steal some pictures...you got a lot of great ones! Your reaction at the end is so funny.

Megan@Just For Me...And You said...

Aww I loved this post. I will have to steal some pictures...you got a lot of great ones! Your reaction at the end is so funny.