Tuesday, May 1, 2012

flowers

Today is May Day. May 1st. When I was little we had a tradition of making little paper baskets, filling them with flowers and bringing them to our neighbors and friends in secret. We would put the little baskets over their doorhandles or on their front porch, ring the bell and run and hide. A very innocent form of ding dong ditch. :) I wanted to start this with the boys this year, but we simply forgot. Oh well, next year it will be even more fun. In the mean time, here is a picture of a cute little bouquet that Paul picked for me the other day.
Yes, they are dandelions, and yes, I love them. Paul is always brightening my day in one way or another. He is so sweet to me.  Reason # 2,342 why I love Paul: he makes me smile even when he isn't in the room. PS, isn't our backyard dreamy? It's pretty much perfect for our family. I love it.

2 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

What a perfect view out of your window!! You have been a busy little blogger, I love it! I am glad your boys are realizing how awesome their mom truly is, an inspiration to us all:) And hooray for season passes to places- it feels like it's free!

Mom said...

Love the view. Love the memories.