Saturday, May 12, 2012

to the zoo with Claude

The morning before Claude left, we took him to the zoo.  He was very excited. He had a list of specific animals that he wanted to see and became the leader all around the zoo.  Matix and Hawken loved spending all this time with him.

Inside the "living tree house" there is this huge bird's nest. The boys loved it. Lullaby was surprisingly not a fan. She made this worried face the whole time...

Matix and Hawken being lions.

Lullaby being a perfect baby.

Everything was going smoothly until Claude announced he wanted to get a hot dog, by himself.  He was supposed to get the hot dog, and meet us up at the front gates so we could go home after that. I took the kids to the bathroom and then waited at the gates for 45 minutes... No Claude.  Hmmm.... So I took the 3 (now crying and hungry) kids with me back to the hot dog stand.  He was not there. Hmmm... It had now been over an hour and he was missing. If you know Claude, you know why this would be pretty stressful. I went up to the security department and they sent out a team looking for him. They found him following a girl that he thought "sort of looked like" me.  He said, he was wondering why I had changed my clothes, and he was wondering where the boys had gone, since the lady he was following didn't have any kids. Hmmm... :) Oh Claude.  He was also on Facebook posting about being lost. Typical Claude.
It took almost 2 hours to find him. The kids were about 2 and1/2 hours late for their naps when we left the zoo. Thank goodness we live so close. We got home and Claude took a nap. I took care of the overtired, overheated, sad, hungry little children.  They asked the next day to not go to the zoo. :) Poor babies.  They love it again now, but that was a loooong day.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I bet you were frantic with worry! But he travels all over the country alone!