Monday, May 14, 2012

Claude babysits

This is my last Claude story. Claude was leaving via train in the evening, and he had asked that I get him some Pepsi to take because onboard it cost $2/can.  So, The boys were watching a movie, and didn't want to leave and were complaining about it, meanwhile I could see that Claude was getting worried that he might not get his Pepsi... Then Claude said, "I am a really good babysitter. I babysit all the time." The boys were excited, and the Rite Aid that I was planning on going to was just down the street. Sooo... I took Lullaby and went to the store, got the Pepsi, and returned home in less than 10 minutes - really, I watched the clock.  When I got back everything seemed fine. The boys were watching the movie and Claude was doing something on his iPhone.  Then Matix looked up and said, "We made a huge mess mommy." Looking around I didn't see anything out of place, plus they were exactly where I had left them, on the couch. Hmmm... Then Hawken said, "We made a huge mess in the playroom and now we have to ONLY watch a movie." So, I went upstairs with the boys in tow, and this is what I saw...
I should have taken a panoramic shot. The boys are looking so sad because I told them we were going to stay up there and clean until every single toy was in it's place or I was going to throw everything left on the floor in the trash. The entire playroom was destroyed. Not just messy, every SINGLE toy was out of it's bin, box or shelf.  Every piece was emptied from every game and puzzle. The shelving was even broken apart. I have NO IDEA how this happened in such a short time. Claude said, "I don't know what happened. I told them to stop..." :) Oh Claude. You are a wonderful house guest, a terrific hula dance instructor, a great storyteller, a stellar technology buff, but this day, you were not the best babysitter. :) We love you Claudie!!! Please come again, we won't make you babysit our crazy boys again, we promise.

3 comments:

Mom said...

That was a pretty big threat. Glad you didn't have to follow through on it!

Josh and Kelly said...

Wow, that is impressive!! The boys look so sad, and yet so cute!

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Wow. I think that probably would have happened under my watch as well. Gotta love boys!