Monday, December 29, 2014

cookies and caroling

Paul has been wanting to caroling for several Christmases now and we haven't. I don't love singing, in fact I don't even LIKE singing, but I went along with it, and it turns out that caroling was pretty fun. I would have rather had my voice be drowned out by  20 kids singing, instead of just 3 (Sully doesn't sing loud yet). First we decorated sugar cookies.

We put them on fancy plates - thank you Target $1 section.

Then we delivered the cookies and sang Jingle Bells (with bells) and then Away In A Manger. Grandpa even came with and sang! It was very fun and the neighbors got into it too. One even returned the plate a few days later (although I had intended for them to keep it) along with a freshly baked PIE. Yes please!
The kids loved it and this may, dare I say it, become a new tradition of ours. Singing, out loud and in public... Who would have thought.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Your Dad and I went caroling a couple times when you weren't even born yet. I loved it! I never could figure out why you don't like singing!

Stacy said...

We did this each year with Paul. Maybe that's why he wanted to do it. All you need now are Santa hats for everyone. It is such a fun tradition. :)