Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hawken is 5!!

He went and did it. My sweet Hawkers turns 5 today! This little guy has a BIG heart and a STRONG will and a KIND disposition. He is so smart and clever, he learns things WAY faster than he should. He runs everywhere and is ALWAYS talking. When he plays, it's very serious. He has parts for everyone and knows all the rules and loves to be the center of attention. He loves playing dress-up and gets fully into his characters. His birthday party is on Saturday and he can hardly wait. It's going to be a How To Train Your Dragon party, and he and his friends will be dressing up like vikings. He has to wait SO long for it to be his turn for a birthday, we really emphasize it when it's getting close.  This was the picture that we send out on the invites.
Hawken's favorite things in the whole world are 1. his monk, 2. his baby brother, and 3. preschool. His monkey goes everywhere with him, and sometimes Hawken does the voice for him too. Everyone knows that Solace is Hawken's special baby, he takes good care of him. When Solace cries, Hawken often gets there even before I do, and sings to him and rocks him and loves on him. Preschool is a place for Hawk to learn and play and really excel, I love watching him grow. He is learning SO much right now and is hungry for more.
Hawken is very aware of his surroundings and I am the least nervous about him getting hurt or lost. He sees when others need help and is always the first to sacrifice his own things. Two week ago at church, Solace dropped his snack (and it wasn't salvageable), and Hawken gave up his own snack to make Sully happy, all on his own. He is always doing things like that, just because.  He is a natural leader, and always has been. He tries new things, and hard things, but only after he is sure he can master them. He doesn't like to fail. He likes to know what we are doing 15 steps in advance. How many bright naps and dark naps until Christmas? How many more free books until I'm 6? If we get Matix from school, how many minutes will it take us to get to the Lego build? His mind is constantly buzzing with questions and ideas and thoughts. He makes me very tired, most days.  Hawken is a good eater, unless it's soup. He'll eat soup though, as long as I call it something else.
He loves to ride his bike, and learned how to ride without training wheels this year. He rides his skateboard and surf board like a pro. He is always begging to go to the beach or the pool, even when it's cold outside. He is growing his hair long, but doesn't like when I brush it. His eyes are BIG, and bright, and deep. He is still small for his age, but keeps up with Matix just fine. He still takes naps, although, that is quickly ending. He will only ever sleep at nap time if I lay with him, which I really don't mind. I barely fit with him on his bed because of his entourage of animals and blankies and other snuggly things. There really isn't too much else I can say about our wonderful BIG five year old. He lights up rooms he is in. He is an old soul and so deep in his thinking. He is our Hawk, and we love him so. Happy birthday Hawkitos!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I am on my way to kiss you on your birthday Hawken!! I can hardly wait to see you all! I have my costume ready too!

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday Hawken!!! You are an awesome guy. Have so much fun at your party. Grandma will be thinking of you. By the way, your costume for the party is great! You look like a real viking boy. :)

Grandma said...

Happy Birthday Hawken! Great Grandpa and I wish you a very Happy Day on your "5th" birthday. We think of you often and love to see how you are growing and how your are learning so much.
Have a fun party on Saturday!!
Love you!!!