Wednesday, December 24, 2014

winter school work

Matix has been doing lots of fun winter and holiday related things at school. He has been excited about learning about different traditions and cultures, in addition to talking about snowmen (which he's only actually ever seen once). Here are some pictures he drew on a brown paper bag that held a stuffed snowman he made in class. Such an artist!

He is reading pretty well now and sounding things out is coming along fairly easily for him. His writing is getting better too and I'm always excited when he's noticing and happy with his own progress.
Here's the translation of the above picture; "My snowman would go to see his friends to play with a water gun and a skateboard, the snowman would go away from me."

I was out of the loop on this Christmas list request, and that's the reason why he won't be getting either of these items on Christmas... Or maybe a puppy and a kitten are not my idea of a great gift for a 6 year old. :) Sorry baby.

Another cute snowman story. While I was sleeping, my snowman...
Translation; "If I was asleep and if the snowman went to play with his friends." -A bit jumbled. He gets distracted when he writes long things. Still, very good.

 Translation; "If I were a gingerbread boy, I would eat Irene." Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I love it!

Translation for his family's tradition, "We celebrate on Christmas when Jesus's birthday." Sweet thing. I love this boy too much.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I love the Irene story! And that he knows his family's beliefs and carries those with him to school.

Stacy said...

I remember Paul's teacher telling me that he was a great missionary because he wasn't afraid to tell people about his beliefs. Sounds like Matix is following in his Dad's shoes. He really is so sweet.