Sunday, December 14, 2014

tooth tragedy

This is the last picture of Solace's gorgeous gappy-toothed smile, before he tipped over the empty toy bucket he was sitting in only to land face first on another toy bucket. He landed, hitting only his top front left tooth, and pushed it backward into his gums. This picture was bath time, right before...

This second picture, is the picture that we sent to some of our many (thankfully) dentist friends. Gross, and sad, I know. I was throwing up I was so upset about the whole thing. It was SO scary, and apparently, I'm the only one who thought so. Solace was happily playing, minutes later. Paul calmly took all the calls from the emergency pediatric dentist phones that I had called one after another. I took him in the next morning to see his dentist, who nicely, laughed me out of the office. He looked at it thoroughly, but said that it was fine. It happens all the time, although never to any of my other kids, and he wasn't concerned. I even made a follow up appointment a week later, but everything was looking as it should, and he thinks it should grow back in just fine. Sometimes being a mom is painful. I can't even look at this picture. Poor guy.
So far, it's been a couple weeks, and his tooth is already starting to straighten out again and grow back down. The human body IS an amazing thing.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I am surprised you were even able to post these pictures, because you were SOOO UPSET!! I'm glad it's coming back down. :)

Stacy said...

Poor Sully! I'm so glad it isn't something that would cause problems later on down the road. What a brave little guy.