Monday, December 10, 2012

advent day 1

We're doing an advent calendar with the kids this year. But rather than having them opening gifts or eating little chocolates everyday, our advent is full of activities to do together. I wrapped this box and each day put something new in it. The first day the activity was to go to the ward Christmas party.  I put a little piece of paper that read "Go to the ward Christmas party!" along with two nice sweaters for the boys to wear.

They opened it up, and were excited to get dressed and take off to the party.  The party was nice. We ate tons of food and got to visit with a few friends.

Then, Santa came to visit. All three kids were happy to see him. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessie you are amazing! What a fun and exciting idea. You have a wonderful way of making life so full and rich.

Stacy said...

Okay, so I'm still learning to do this comment thing. Anonymous does have a name, just not a brain. :)

Mom said...

When I saw that idea on Pinterest I thought of you right away! Of course! Activities, not gifties!

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

Love the idea to have something to open but then inside is something to do.