Saturday, December 1, 2012

Paul's birthday day

Friday was Paul's birthday, and his birthday money (thank you moms and dads and grandparents!) was burning a hole in his pocket. He spent it on Legos. What would you expect a 30 year old to buy? :) He wanted to get some more things for the boys. I have the sweetest husband ever.

The kids seriously had the best time ever. We don't ever go to the mall, really, ever.  It was a treat for them. They loved playing in the lego store.

After the Lego store, we played at the mall play area. It was crazy busy, and the kids had so much fun.

Then on to the puppy store. Vanessa was in heaven. She got in there while nursing the baby... She is a little crazy for puppies. :)  Lullaby was terrified and kept trying to get away from these little rat like animals... She thinks dogs are all as chill and HUGE as Sakina.

When we got back home, Lullaby went down for her nap, and the boys, Linnaea and I, all sang Paul Happy Birthday and gave him the brownies I made earlier that morning. We didn't have any candles, so we improvised. The boys were very confused.

I have no pictures, but the night before I babysat while Paul went out with Dale and Vanessa to go Black Friday shopping. Paul came back with MORE gifties for the kids. I had a successful night with 6 kids too, although nursing my baby WHILE bottle feeding their baby was challenging.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Yah! I've tried the nursing and feeding another baby a bottle-doesn't work. Poor Lullaby with the puppies.

Mom said...

Oh my gosh! 6 kids including 2 babies! Wow! Paul really is so special. Happy Birthday again!