Our advent activity was to go get a tree. Our family tradition is to get a small live tree (with roots still), and replant it after the holiday. Ours from last Christmas is growing in our backyard right now. The one we got this year was the tiniest one we have ever had. It is so cute.
When we got home, we decorated it. My mom had fun looking at all the ornaments from my childhood. After the kids went to bed, my mom set out all the presents from her and Louie for the kids so we could have Grandma and Grandpa Christmas in the morning. Thank goodness we did all their gifts early, because there was no space left for any other gifts. :) They spoiled us.
Louie made a tasty dinner. Paul and I had lots of seconds, it was so good. For some reason food tastes better when someone else makes it for you. Thanks Louie! I don't have many lids for the pots and pans I have, but Louie was very resourceful.
Later that night, Paul, Louie, my mom and I all played a few games. That seems to be something we always do. Paul had a nerdy moment and figured out statistically how to beat the game, based on our score card. I love him.


3 comments:
We had so much fun!! We loved watching the kids open their presents. Thanks for going along with that! Games were fun. Paul is so brilliant. (Good match for you! Isn't it wonderful being with someone as smart as you are?!)
Looks like a lot of fun! :)
Our box is on the way, but not the amount you got from your mom - she's a good mom and grandma!
Stacy, It was easy this year because we could bring it on the plane for WAY less than postage would have cost. Plus it looks like a lot more because the tree was so tiny!
Post a Comment