We went to the dentist. This was the first time we have gone in a year, and considering how awful it was for Matix the first time he went (back in Miami), I was apprehensive. I didn't tell the kids until the day of, and Hawken and Matix both acted really excited about it. We got there and the whole lobby was filled with toys. Perfect!
The kids played and they called me into a little side office to fill out some new patient paperwork. They called in the kids to weigh them (Matix is a whopping 38, and Hawken comes in at 29, Lullaby wanted to be weighed too and was 24 lbs). Then the dentist was ready for the kids. She called their names and said it was nice to meet them. She was SO friendly. We all walked back and above each dental chair was a tv. They asked if I prefered NickJr or PBS. So thoughtful. The kids each hopped up in their chairs, watched a show and let the dentist do whatever they wanted. Neither boy made a peep, except to pick which flavor toothpaste and which color toothbrush they wanted to take home with them. After they were situated, the dentist said I could stay with the boys, or I could go wait in the waiting room. Then the dentist asked if Lullaby had any teeth yet. She does, and they asked if I wanted her to have her first check up too. So, even little miss Lullaby got her teeth cleaned. She wasn't as thrilled with the tv as the boys were, but she sat still and opened her mouth. She (and the boys) also got x-rays done to check that all the teeth were coming in correctly and that the spacing was good.
I seriously LOVE this dentist. Her name is Dr. Kamdar and her office is in Lilburn, a bit of a drive for us, but totally worth it! She even asked that I send her a copy of this picture so she can use it on her website, but Hawken is blinking weird and Lullaby has a paci in her mouth (not very dentist-y), so we shall see if she ever does use it. :) I was so proud of all the kids. They did so well. Also, no cavities to report or any other problems at all, hooray!!


2 comments:
So glad it went better than last year! This new dentist sounds GREAT! And although they can't go back to her next time, this experience will work to your benefit next time. They won't have a memory of a negative experience. The TVs are such a good idea.
Good job Matix, Hawken, and Lullaby. Grandma is so proud of you. No cavities! WOW! Your Daddy had 8 cavities his first visit to the dentist and he was only 2 years old. Keep brushing. :)
Post a Comment