Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry and Bright!

The children are nestled all snug in their beds, but two have fevers. Poor things. Paul and I just finished putting together some last minute Lego builds.  We attempted to watch Home Alone, but Netflix didn't have it on instant play.  We watched a little Lost, and now Paul is happily dreaming and I am posting this before falling asleep myself.  
Every day I feel so lucky, but for some reason this time of year is particularly good for reflecting on the many blessings and wonderful opportunities and growing experiences I have been given.  I am so happy in my life. It is not always perfect, many days are FAR from perfect, but I love it. I love that my kids push me to my limits, so I can prove that I can be the kind of parent I want to be. I love that we don't have money, so I can be that much more appreciative of the kindnesses and gifts from others.  I love that my husband is so selfless and gives so much of his time to others, so I can try to be more like him. I love this life, my family,  everything. Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Treasure these moments. Savor them, as you already do. Save them up in your emotional "bank" to "take out" and comfort you through rougher times. They will help you through. Your positive attitude comes in part from your maternal great-grandparents (Grandma Evie's parents) who taught us to always look at difficulties or challenges as opportunities for growth, learning, change, and fun! Ask Grandma to tell you about her experiences during the depression and WWII, and how her Mom and Dad framed tough times as DIFFERENT and FUN, rather than something to be sad about. I love you so much, and I'm so proud of the woman you are. You have come into your own, and I couldn't be happier for you. There's an old saying: "There are only 2 lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots; the other is wings." I'm glad your wings are so strong!! Merry Christmas!

Stacy said...

I'm so grateful Paul found you and you loved him - definitely a blessing from above!

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

"I love that my kids push me to my limits, so I can prove that I can be the kind of parent I want to be." --Thanks for the perspective. I needed it! Thanks for being such a good example of a good mother.