Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Matix's "talk"

Two Sundays ago, Matix gave his first "talk" in Primary. His topic was "Jesus Christ is the Son of God".  We talked about it and I showed him a few scriptures and he pretty much wrote and memorized (mostly) his own talk. He was so excited to talk in the microphone during Primary.  He brought my scriptures to reference during his talk.  He looked so grown up, my big four year old.

All three kids were wearing red (by surprise) and looked SO cute together. This first one could be my new favorite picture of them.
When it came time for him to talk, he got nervous, so I went up to the podium with him. Paul came in to watch and listen too. Matix turned bright red and giggly and could not speak a word, except to say, "I'm too shy." So I read his talk for him and he finished with a little, "Amen!".  Even though he didn't actually talk, he did help me write it and it gave us lots of reasons to think about and talk about good things during the week. Totally worth it. :)

3 comments:

Whitni said...

Way to go, Matix! :D

Grandma Stacy said...

Matix, maybe you can tell Grandma your talk some time. :) I would love to hear it. What a big boy you are getting to be.

Mom said...

That's HUGE!!!