Friday, October 4, 2013

7 weeks old

Solace, my sweet baby Solace, will be 7 weeks old tomorrow! Wow. Really, this has gone fast.  He is still the sweetest little thing. He grunts his wants and needs and rarely cries. He likes his pacifier only some of the time. He prefers to be held, but will sleep alone in his crib now.  He likes to be in the mix and likes to spend his awake time being around everyone and all the noise. If I leave him in a room for even a minute, he grunts for me, and is instantly better when I talk. I love it.  Tummy time isn't his favorite, but he tolerates it. I can trick him into doing longer amounts of tummy time when he is laying on my chest. He will arch his back up and look around, but still is being held.

He usually ends up just laying down like this and looking around. Silly boy.

He can roll over, but not on purpose and only when he's super wiggly and not wrapped up. He has done it a handful of times from tummy to back, but only a few times from back to tummy.  Solace smiles now too, although I still haven't caught the real big ones on camera. I think he's a little camera shy, like Hawken was. But I did get a couple little grins when Matix was tickling his cheek.

Solace is crazy ticklish and can't keep still when I touch his sides, tummy, neck, back, or feet.  He still loves to be swaddled when he sleeps, but is okay unwrapped while he is awake.  Seriously, such a good baby. We love him.

And not that he really has a chance of having any other eye color, but his eyes are really looking deep blue. Not that baby gray blue that they all have when they are born, but a truer blue. It's so hard to capture it in pictures though.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Such a sweetie pie!!

The Fredericks said...

what a darling little lovey!!! too cute

Stacy said...

All your babies after Matix have preferred being around the family and noise. You're just fun to watch! He's getting so cute though!

Josh and Kelly said...

I think he looks a lot like Matix in these pictures!! What a cutie!!