The Humane Society had a free fall festival and we of course had to go. This was the most creative way to get kids to the Humane Society, and fall in love with the animals and BEG their parents to take one home. So clever. Thankfully, we already have a dog, and that logic worked perfect for my guys. "Oooohh, Mommy! Look at that cute kitten! I want him!" "Well, we can't get a kitten because we already have a dog." "Oh yeah, okay." Lovely. There were also free hotdogs, popcorn, bottles of water and candy stations... Heaven.
The employees took specific animals out of the cages for the kids to pet and fall in love with. Matix especially loved this tiny dog.
There were free activities like decorating pumpkins. The kids loved that they had glitter. Matix only used blue, because "blue is the coolest color", and Hawken used every color he could grab, and Lullaby picked silver and pink.
Half way through painting his pumpkin, Hawk noticed a scary guy with his face "painted MEAN!" I love Hawk's reaction:
Later the kids jumped in the bounce house. Lullaby was nervous at first, but then loved it.
Solace slept most of the time, good baby. Paul couldn't come with, but we had fun just the 5 of us anyway. Although I heard about it every two seconds that Daddy was missing out...
Face paint. Matix got a "dangerous spider" and Lulli asked for a "buh-fwy" (butterfly). Cute. Obviously, I shouldn't try to go into face painting professionally, but the kids liked them, and that's all that matters.
Also, before we left, the Humane Society people were taking pictures for everyone. Since they took it with a white background, I thought they were going to photoshop in some animals or something, but no, this was it. And they gave me a disc full of oddball pictures, in a blueish hue... This was the best of the bunch.
We had a great time. I love free fun. The kids were wiped out after spending all morning there. My favorite kind of nap is one after a long day.



4 comments:
LOVE HAKEN'S FACE WHEN HE SEE'S SOMEONE SCARY.
LULLABY SURE KEEPS UP WITH THE BIG BOYS.
I can't believe the fun things that are available in places where you live - free fun things! I'm glad Lullaby is getting a lot of wear out of her halloween outfit.
They all are too cute.
I agree with Stacy...it is amazing the number of free things you always find to do. Where do you hear about these activities?
Looks like fun!! I love this time of year and all the fun things going on everywhere. Have you ever heard of meetup.com? You should go on there and see if there's a moms group in your area on there, even if you don't join it, you can see what they are doing and get a lot more ideas and hear about things that way too.
Post a Comment