Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Matix's cavity extravaganza
Matix went in to see the dentist again to get his pre-cavity drilled and refilled with sealant. He was pretty excited about it, mostly because last time he got tons of prizes... They gave him "silly juice" and then sat him back in the waiting room with me. He was fine at first, but after a few minutes he got weak. In fact he fell forward out of his chair at one point and bumped his head. I felt really bad that I wasn't holding him, so I held him then and it was a good thing because he got to the point that he couldn't even hold his head up. It got pretty scary for me to see him like that. He couldn't respond to me very well and I was worried. Thankfully, it was all normal and the nurses and dentist were very reassuring. I carried him back to the room and they strapped him in so he couldn't wiggle or hurt himself, which I sort of laughed at because he couldn't really move on his own anyway. The actual procedure was quick and the dentist carried him back out only a few minutes later. Matix was already a bit more coherent and talking some too which made me feel a thousand times better. I took a video of him as I strapped him into the car... it's pretty funny to see how out of it he was.
He only got better after this, but it took him a few hours to be able to walk again, which was sad for him. We went back to Logan's house to pick up the other kids (Thanks Mindy for watching the troops!), and when we got there Matix really wanted to see Logan and play. I thought he could sit on the floor to play for a bit so I carried him in, but he couldn't even sit. He kept trying to stand up or crawl and would topple forward and bump his head on the ground... My mistake. So I dragged him out of there (and the others), and back home, all the kiddies took a nap. Matix slept in my bed with me because he needed help going to the bathroom and I wasn't sure that I would hear him in time if he were in his room, plus I didn't want him to fall out of his bed. Everything was better after naps, although he still felt a bit sick. He never complained of his mouth hurting though, so they must have done a wonderful job. Hooray! Hopefully there will be no more of this though, it was stressful in the beginning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh that's too scary for me. What did Paul have to say?
Oh that's too scary for me. What did Paul have to say?
Not sure why that posted twice?!
Okay, so I have to know how Matix reacted to this video when you showed it to him after everything wore off. I remember Paul's first experience with the stuff that makes you all loopie - didn't work and we had to drive him around for 1/2 hour before he fell asleep. So crazy!
he is beautiful-- but NO thank you to the rest of the story- I would have FREAKED out!!!
Post a Comment