We watched parts of General Conference today. Not the whole thing, because the kids don't sit through it and Paul and I like to really hear what the prophet and apostles have to say, so we watch it after the kids are sleeping. We do however, have it on in the background during the day, in case we can sneak in a few minutes here and there while the kids are playing. In between sessions, Paul and I talked and snuggled with this little guy.
So far there have been some REALLY good talks and messages shared. Once all the talks come out in print, I will share some quotes. The only one I could look up was one that was a reference from a talk that Neal A. Maxwell gave in a different talk in 1978. It reads, "When the real history of mankind is fully disclosed, will it feature the echoes of gunfire or the shaping sound of lullabies? The great armistices made by military men or the peacemaking of women in homes and in neighborhoods? Will what happened in cradles and kitchens prove to be more controlling than what happened in congresses?" I thought that was so sweet. I love listening to conference. It's all online though, in case anyone else missed it. Click here to watch/listen. Plus there will be more tomorrow. What a beautiful blessing it is to have this technology to be able to share the messages of love and hope from our Heavenly Father to all of His children.
3 comments:
I love that quote. I am going to post it on my facebook page. And I truly believe that the answer to the rhetorical questions he poses are YES!
I love conference and am so sad when it ends. I'm so glad you and Paul review the talks. It was great talking to you guys tonight. I miss you all so much.
i LOVED this conference! I felt like it championed and uplifted womanhood and motherhood-- I just loved it.
Post a Comment