Susannah and I threw a witches lunch this year. It turned out SO good. Everyone brought delicious food and most of the moms got dressed in witchy clothes, the kids wore costumes and had fun running around and playing... Here are some pictures from the day:
The food was the best part, everyone brought the cutest tastiest food. I made some little signs for the food and put them in picture frames. I thought they turned out pretty cute.
Susannah hosted it at her house, and also made these amazing "poison apples", so impressive.
The kids dressed up, snacked and played all day. The only pictures I have of Hawk and Matix are while they are eating. Typical. They were dressed as their own unique versions of Batman and Robin (per their request)...
Lullaby was more than happy to pose in her Catwoman outfit. The second picture is her showing her claws...
Sweet baby Solace was the Riddler, and looked adorable and funny all at the same time. Love him.
The only game we did was for best witch costumes. This was the little paper I had everyone fill out with their choices for best witch... The four categories were one of each of the witches from the Wizard of Oz, although there is apparently some discussion about whether or not there were really four witches, I used four for the game, two good and two bad.
Susannah won the "Good Witch of the North (sweet)" award, which was a goblet full of worms... Good for making witchy potions, right?
I won the "Wicked Witch of the East (mean)" award, which was a goblet full of ghost poop (marshmallows), which the kids ate on our way home. Check out that very witchy, very mean face.
Erin won the "Good Witch of the South (beautiful)" award, which was a goblet full of goblin teeth (candy corn), clever, I know.
Mindy, of course, won the "Wicked Witch of the West (scary)" award, which was poison apples (red gum balls), although she looks less than scary in the picture. :)
The party was way fun. I hope Susannah and I will do it again next year. Maybe with games next time? And more witches? And crazier costumes and makeup? :) I love Halloween. Thanks Susannah for co-hosting this party with me and for letting us use your house! It was perfect!





4 comments:
It looks way fun, loved all of the costumes.
All the food was so fancy! Your signs and prizes were very creative! Really nice tradition you have started!
Wish you could be here to trick-or-treat with your giant clan here in Wisconsin. You should really do that sometime before it ends.
yay how fun!! I love that everyone is carrying on this tradition wherever they move. I am so happy your friends loved it and dressed up!!
Post a Comment