Wednesday, October 2, 2013

preschool

I have been loving teaching Matix and Hawken's preschool classes (when it's my turn). The kids in both groups are such sweet children. They are so excited about learning and a lot more attentive than I thought they would be.  Since I planned our first field trip, I only got to teach twice last week, and I was bummed that was it. I miss teaching professionally. It was so fun, and I really loved it. Thank heavens I can teach a little again, even if it's only a couple days each month.  Maybe next year, the other moms will let me take over and teach everyday...? These pictures are from two different days.

We were doing the letter "D" so we talked about action words... Dancing, digging, drawing... Such smarties! What is their favorite "D" animal, ducks, dogs, or dinosaurs? What is their favorite "D" food? We practiced drawing the letter, big and little. Matix's class noticed it looked like a backward lowercase "b", that went way over Hawken's class.  We dug in the dirt (sand) for dinosaurs, then we gave them a bath. During snack, we dipped our apples in peanut butter.

Solace slept most of the time the kids were doing preschool stuff, but even while he was awake, he would just lay and look around.
I love that I can do similar activities with both classes.  I have to adjust a lot for attention span. There is a big difference between the classes for that, but understanding is a lot closer. These are some smart cookies! I can hardly wait for Friday, when I get to sub-teach for another mom.

6 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

Your coop is so lucky to have you!!

Grandma said...

Jessie, I bet you are the best teacher. The kids look really happy.

Grandma said...

Jessie, I bet you are the best teacher. The kids look really happy.

Mom said...

You are lucky like me to LOVE your work. Not everybody gets to have that.

The Fredericks said...

they have the funnest life- you are such an amazing mother ;)

Stacy said...

Your great teaching skills are obvious even when you aren't formally teaching. Lullaby seems to be having fun with the class too. Solace is too cute!