Today is the last day of the 10 days in Dominica blog challenge from Katie. Thanks Katie for hosting, it was fun to reminisce. :)

Question #10: What have I missed since I left Dominica?
I miss passion fruit juice, avocados the size of my head, mangos from the tree in our back yard, hidden hot springs, river pools, black sand beaches, great neighbors, friends, playgroup, our lime green church building, tuna cakes, hermit crabs (the only wildlife I wasn't too afraid of), cows randomly roaming the roads, walking to church with my hubby on Sundays (even when it was pouring rain), hearing the locals blowing their conch shells, the Saturday market, the crickets and noisy frogs we fell asleep to every night, the simple, easy, relaxing island life...
When we first got to Dominica, I was pregnant with Hawken, and Matix was almost a year old, and by the time we left, Matix was 2 and Hawken had just turned 1, and (although we didn't know it yet) I was pregnant with Lullaby. We spent 17 months of our lives on this island, and despite all the things that were hard and new, it was our life, and we loved it. Until a few weeks ago, every birthday the boys have had has been on the island. Hawken learned to crawl, and walk and talk there. It won't be until November that Hawken will have spent equal amounts of his life in the States and in Dominica, he was only 6 weeks old when we brought him back to the island after having him. The island, and the time we spent there as a family will always be special to us.

We do miss you Dominica. :)
2 comments:
Jessie, you are amazing for finishing all 10 Days! You truly are a blogging rockstar :)
You also met some lifelong friends there, and started a journey that won't end until Paul retires. Very special times, and very special memories. I feel so fortunate to have been able to visit you there and experience it too.
Post a Comment