Wednesday, October 5, 2011

10 days in Dominica - day 5

Question #5: What didn't you miss about home (the States)?

I didn't miss the busy lifestyle. I adapted quite well to lazy island life. Don't get me wrong, I still had the kids on a nap schedule and planned trips and things like that, but I loved that I could be late anywhere I went, because of "island time" and it was perfectly acceptable. I (sometimes) loved that stores would open and close when they wanted to. Life in the States is so rushed and people get angry about the silliest things. On the island, everyone is relaxed and generally happy. I miss that about Dominica.

2 comments:

The Fredericks said...

I do too! also - we miss real friends that are in the exact same situation we are-- that was fun--- I finally have the internet for 3 minutes-- so I LOVE your blog and think you are amazing! xo

Katie Price said...

Jessie, you are amazing for keeping up to date on the challenge! I will try to appreciate the Island Time a little more, just for you :)