Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Regression and progression...

Well, it happened. I was warned, but I didn't think it would happen. Hawken decided to NOT be potty trained. :( 3 days in a row of accidents. Crap! (no pun intended, really) He did so well and was potty trained for over a month, the new baby came, no change, then a week ago he just stopped. He peed on everything, and after a very messy poop accident at Target (this picture was taken just before it happened - funny huh?)... I decided to start again.
We just acted as if we were training him from the beginning again (but without reverting to diapers). When he woke up, we would "try" to use the toilet, of course it would work and we would praise him like crazy! Dancing, clapping, singing, reward charts, stickers, you name it. We would "try" periodically throughout the day, and obviously before we would leave the house, and before we would come home, etc. Anyway, after 3 days of that, I am happy to say, he is back on track. Hooray! Those first 3 days were NOT my idea of fun, but these last 3 have been wonderful, and he is back to telling us when he needs to go, and we haven't had any accidents. Thank heavens.

2 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

Hooray!! Two in diapers is too many! (Now please tell Shane that ;) )

Mom said...

Oh my gosh!! Tell me about Target! What did you do??