Question #2: What was better than you expected?The sense of family in the Ross community. I loved that there were so many people in my same boat. I could relate to everyone I met, and we were all instantly friends. There were so many spouses to adventure with around the island, I really enjoyed being a part of it. When I first got to Dominica, I was a little out of sorts. I had never lived in another country, I could barely understand the locals, and my husband was starting medical school which meant I was on my own with my almost 1 year old... Yikes! Thankfully, I met a million other people who were feeling and thinking and going through the same things as I was. It was (and still is) a wonderful support group.
1 comment:
You have met some people who will be life-long friends, with many common memories! No matter how many miles apart you might be when you settle down into your final locations. So lucky for all of you.
Post a Comment