Sunday, October 9, 2011

10 days in Dominica - day 9

Question #9: Did anything make the journey easier for you?

I think knowing there was an end to it made it easier for me. I really enjoyed our time there and didn't really do the anticipatory countdown to the end of our island time... BUT, when our 4 semesters were over there, I was ready to get back home to the States. I was ready for grocery stores that would have every item I wanted to buy. I was ready for a movie in the theatre with a large tub of popcorn and all the candy I could want. I was ready to see our friends and family that we had been away from for so long. I was ready for a car again. I was ready for dressing my kids in more than just diapers. I was ready to move on to the next step of the medical school journey and have the first 2 years under our belt.

2 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes I miss it and think man, I think I would be happy to go back and live there forever! And then I remember how nice it is to have real doctors and real grocery stores etc.

Mom said...

And I don't miss you quite as badly when you are in the same country as me! I don't understand why, but when you were living in a FOREIGN COUNTRY, I missed you more. I'm so glad you are here now (even though Miami is far, I can get there easier and quicker, I guess). In case you need me, or in case I need you. LOVE YOU!