Friday, April 13, 2012

biscuits

So, thanks to a great sale at Kroger (my grocery store), and the fact that they double coupons under $1, and that I had great coupons... I got a TON of Pilsbury grands biscuits for about 9 cents per roll. Since getting them, we have been experimenting with different recipes. First we made these. A lot tastier than they are cute.

First we flattened out each biscuit into a circle. I don't remember everything that we put in there... Ground beef, chopped onions, green peppers, salsa and cheese, I think that's it. Then I flooded it back up, flipped it over so the seam was on the bottom, sprinkled more cheese on top, baked in the oven according to the directions on the biscuit packaging and called it dinner. They were really good, and cheap, and easy... my kind of meal. :)

The next recipe was even better because I had helpers. First, pose of the camera, CHEESE!


Next, pop open the biscuits. That's the best part. So surprising, even when you know it's coming!


Squish a biscuit into each of the muffin tins. (I only used the outside rows of each tin because my oven tends to not cook the things in the middle... weird) Cut up pre-cooked sausage. Add to each biscuit. And maybe sneak a taste, because it's so good. :)


I had already scrambled up some eggs, onions, broccoli florets and green peppers, and I added that to each.


Lullaby was of course the best cheerleader in the world, even if she didn't actually help with the cooking. :)

Then sprinkled with cheese and baked according to the instructions on the biscuit packaging.

They baked up a lot bigger than we thought they would. We served it with white sausage gravy and it was oh so tasty. The boys were especially proud because they got to help make it. They kept saying, "Oh, YUMMY!"

5 comments:

Kovac Family said...

They look good! We do something kind of like that :) but we mix BBQ sauce with the ground beef... If you guys like that kind of stuff try it out it's way good :) miss you guys!

Mom said...

You must really be a southern girl now! Cooking in a dress, and white sausage gravy! Wow! They look really yummy! Tell the boys I want them to cook for me when I come to visit. :)

Char said...

Those look delicious! I just pinned this on Pinterest, to remind me to make them later!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

yum yum! I might have to try these. Also we need to talk couponing... I need to start again... do you have somewhere you buy your papers on Saturday??

Chelsea, Jason & June said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm those look scrumptious!