Monday, April 16, 2012

hiking up to Sugar Loaf

We hiked up Sugar Loaf - it's a big rock on top of one of the bluffs. We had done this a few times as kids, but I can't gone since then. I went the old man way (since I was wearing slip on shoes) with uncle Carl and Louie. Jolie went the fast shortcut way up a sheer cliff with Brody, Jacob and Jared. This was what Louie looked like about half way up:

It was a quick hike and the view from the top was very pretty. The boys were showing off the cliff they hiked up. It was very steep, but you can hardly tell from the pictures.
You can tell a little better how steep it really was from them hiking back down it...

The boys climbed up part of Sugar Loaf.

Jolie and I had written our names on a rock with our dad when we were little and hid it in a hole at the base of Sugar Loaf. We looked all over, but couldn't find it. So we made a new one, and hid it again. Maybe one day we will return to find it. I am that tiny speck of green shirt and brown/red hair, we tried to document where we hid our rock.

Group shot. Left to right is Louie, Jolie, Brody, Jared, Jacob, uncle Carl and me with sticks in front of my face. :) Oh well. It was fun.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I wish now I had gone with. But swimming with Elisabeth and Lullaby was fun too.