Thursday, April 19, 2012

wow!

Well, almost a month later and I am caught up from our trip to Wisconsin. Since then we have had two visitors, a major holiday, a major test, and many more day to day things... So, I have a lot of work still. But, for NOW, I want to say that Paul did his step 2 - clinical knowledge, on Friday and left feeling good. It was a long test and very challenging, but he studied his hardest and feels good about it. He won't get the results for another few weeks. Today he is taking his second all day test (step 2 - clinical skills). This is where he goes into a series of rooms with fake patients/actors and he has to play the role of doctor. He practiced with me a lot and is really good at it. I am sure he will be amazing at this part. He always remembers the huge list of questions to ask (except drug allergies, he usually forgets to ask this until the end :). He is also good at not reacting to what I think is shocking information. One of the roles I played was as a man who did cocaine and had multiple sexual partners that he didn't use a condom with... Um... YUCK?! I was grossed out, but he reacted as if I said "I have a puppy at home and I like to go for walks." Impressive. He really is going to make a wonderful doctor someday, and I am excited for him to get this major test over with. Good job Paul! Can't wait to see you at 4!

1 comment:

Mom said...

He's a natural!