Monday, April 30, 2012

new blogger interface ISSUES

Okay, I need help. Blogger has been toying with this "new blogger interface" which looks really nice, but isn't as functional as it could be. I have having a very frustrating time getting my pictures to stay where I want them when I post. I also can't seem to get my text to stay in it's place either... If any of this makes sense to you, please tell me how to do this! Blogger announced that they are changing the interface to this new way PERMANENTLY in the next month. Right now I am cheating by using the "old interface" while I stall can... Help. Please.

7 comments:

Katie Price said...

Hey Jessie. I know the new interface takes a bit of getting used to. For starters, anytime you end up with lost of empty spaces where you don't think there should be, you can highlight that area and click the button that looks like a T with an "x" underneath it (second to the last one!).. It will remove formatting that might be there & reveal the extra spaces (that you can see in HTML mode.. but be careful in HTML mode). I would recommend "previewing" your posts as you type to make sure things are lining up correctly. Dragging pictures can be tricky too.. so it's better just to insert them as you go. Wherever your mouse cursor is, is where they will be inserted. Also, if a picture isn't centering the way you want, click on it & tell it to go right or left & then click again on center. Sometimes that works. Wow. Well, I hope some of this helps.. you can always email me if you have any questions! katiemarieprice@gmail.com

jessie said...

i love you katie. :) that did help.

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

I usually upload all my pictures first and then drag them to where I want since they never go in in any particular order that I'd like. I usually have to hit enter a bunch of times to add space to help with dragging them around. Then I do my text last so it goes where I want it. It may not be the easiest way, but it usually works. Sometimes I have trouble inserting all the pictures at once and have to do one or a few at a time. If you drag a picture and it goes to the left or right of another picture, just keep on dragging it up or down and it will end up on top eventually.

Mom said...

Katie's advice helped me too. I had been having problems too!

The Fredericks said...

Hey I will call you- I upload to Picasa first ( which took a ton of picnik effects- affects (( I can't figure out which one is right) since google ate both Picasa and picnik- and it's the worlds easiest thing!!!! Seriously call or skype and we ll have a tutorial- that's why I am catching up! It's sooo much faster!

Mom said...

Effects is right in your sentence. It's a noun. Affects is a verb, as in "Getting the proper amount of sleep really AFFECTS the toddler's mood." Just a little trivia.

Christopher said...

I have the same issues. It might be best to use an offline editor and then cut and paste into Blogger. I have noticed these issues regardless of whether or not I am using Chrome, Firefox or IE.