Today is Earth Day, and in our family we have a tradition of picking up trash. One bag of trash per member of our family. So this year, it was five bags. Lullaby was already sleeping, so I did her bag for her. :) We just walked around our neighborhood and cleaned it up a bit.
It always feels so good to do something like that. The boys got really into it and wanted to be the first to fill their bags.
Phil got here today too, so he got in on the trash collecting fun too. :) He will be staying here for the next 6 weeks for his peds rotation. The boys are especially excited to have another BOY to play with.
A little boy in the neighborhood asked what we were doing, and offered to join us. What a good thing, right? I asked if I could take his picture, and he thought that was silly, but I did it anyway.
The boys said, "Happy Earth Birthday!!" for this group shot. Silly boys. When we had to go inside for bath and bed, they both asked for more Earth Day and more picking up trash. I hope we have/can continue to instill in them the drive to want to keep this Earth beautiful and clean in anyway they can. Happy Earth Day!
1 comment:
Of all the traditions you have established, that is my favorite. (That and Friday night ice cream in Dominica.) Say hi to Phil for me. That sure was a nice thing he did for me when I visited you in Dominica. Thank him again.
Post a Comment