Friday, December 21, 2012

advent day 14

Our advent on the 14th was one of my favorites. The kids made little doughnut reindeer. This was by far the simplest and cutest activity and the kids loved it the most, except that tried not to let them eat all the materials until the end. :)

I got those mini doughnuts in a bag in the bakery area of the grocery store, peanut M&M's, pretzels, and white pearl sprinkles. I made one and had everything set up for the kids. Gabby and Ariana were over that day so they got to participate too. They get a little disappointed when we don't do the advent when they're here now.  The activity was fun and they all took it pretty seriously. They wanted each reindeer to be just right.

Even with my example they each made the project their own and I loved watching them.  Ariana wanted to add a smile on hers, even though the little sprinkles were hard to work with.

Gabby ate her weight in M&M's that she sneaked. She wasn't as into creating as she was into eating.

Lullaby waited next to Matix for him to feel sorry for her and feed her, which he did, and she loved.

Hawken couldn't help himself and nibbled on the edges of all his reindeer, and then requested new ones, which he also nibbled, clever boy.

Matix made his the fastest and wanted to help everyone else who was making them wrong, apparently.
We will be doing this again next year. It was so cute. Maybe gifts for the neighbors? Who knows.

3 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

I love this idea- the reindeer and the whole advent activity thing!

Mom said...

Great idea! I have seen other reindeer things but you end up "gluing" the pretzels on with frosting, and it's pretty putzy. With these you just stick 'em in.

Grandma Stacy said...

I love the individuality of each child. Poor Lullaby though seems left out.