Friday, December 14, 2012

advent day 7

Our advent on Thursday the 6th got postponed because of bad behavior. The boys were absolutely the naughtiest they have ever been and were making me crazy. I threatened, "If you do one more naughty thing, there will be no advent today." Well, they tested me to see if I would cancel the advent that day by doing another bad thing, and so we skipped it.  Friday the 7th we made gingerbread houses. Gabi was still sleeping, but Lullaby, Ariana, Hawken and Matix had fun decorating it. I cheated and used the house shaped box for the base. It was a good idea, and if I didn't have as many helpers making the frosting with me, it would have been think enough to completely cover the words... But I wasn't going for perfection, I was going for FUN, and that it was.

It didn't take long for Lullaby to realize what we were working with.  She had a great time pulling off and tasting most of the candies.

The mess when we were done was CRAZY.  What you can't really see from the picture is the massive amount of sprinkles everywhere. And of course, I had my mom and Louie coming in that night and a birthday party for Hawken in the morning, and I wanted it to be CLEAN... Note to self, when decorating gingerbread houses, leave the sprinkles in the cupboard - OR - decorate with sprinkles at someone else's house. :)

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Looks like everyone had fun, and I so understand about the sprinkles.

Mom said...

Sprinkles are worse than dog hair or Christmas tree needles! But the gingerbread aroma was tantalizing when we arrived. Mmmm.