Most of the Christmas packages from grandparents, great-grandparents, family friends and families that have adopted us in along the way... have arrived and the kids have been LOVING opening the box to find a million little wrapped gifts inside. They read each name on the tags and spell out the things they don't know. They are SO excited. One package, from my dad, had a wrapped gift of books for the kids, mostly Christmas themed.
It was torn open on the sides from the long journey it had from Wisconsin all the way to Texas. I said they could go ahead and open up that one gift early (Grandpa approved it over the phone too).
Opening a Christmas present early, is CRAZY exciting. Unheard of fun. Instantly, this gift becomes the best most amazing gift ever.
The kids ripped into the gift, although they could clearly already see what it was, and acted so surprised. They screamed and smiled and read every book. There were no repeats of books we already have.
What a fun day that was, I can hardly imagine what their reactions will be for real Christmas... Thanks Dad for the preview and for the books. We love them.
3 comments:
You manage to capture a little bit of everything in your photos, so cute!
I love the looks on Hawken and Lullaby in the middle picture. I love how your kids get so excited over books. That's a great sight in this age of electronics.
I love their facial expressions too!
Post a Comment