I got a $10 gift card to Victoria's Secret, and so the kids and I went to spend it up. They wanted to buy something for me, and I was all for it. I showed them the things that cost $10 or less and they chose something (make-up, FYI), waited in line, and paid with the gift card. They were SO excited! The lady wrapped it up, as they usually do, and Matix was so happy that it was all ready to put under the tree. So far, it's been a couple days and no one has told me what it is. They are getting better at keeping secrets now. Which is nice since a couple weeks ago I caught the boys upstairs early in the morning whispering to each other in the bathroom. I found out later that they were telling what they had picked out for the other one. Great. I think they have forgotten mostly, we'll see.
Also, I am starting to see Victoria's Secret in a different light, now that I have children in tow. The huge wall mounted pictures (that they ask me about) are very provocative and almost pornographic. It's fairly disturbing, and I don't love watching the kids look at those images and (probably) think to themselves that that is the way a girl should look. We talked a bit about it on the way home. Perhaps that type of shopping will be reserved for just me from now on.
2 comments:
Ya think??!!
It's funny how our perspective changes as we have children and husbands too - when it comes to Victoria Secret. Of course your little guys have always had an eye for beautiful women. Remember the walk to the store in Miami?
They definitely had their favorites, even at that age. :)
Post a Comment