The kids ran around and played until they were all starving for cupcakes, so we sang happy birthday to our birthday boy. I tried to make it look like a treasure map, if you follow the red licorice around, the one on top has a big X. There was also treasure scattered around, chocolate gold coins and gem stones.
Then Hawken opened his gifts and was totally spoiled by all his friends and family. Thank you everyone! He loved everything he got.
Then it was time for the treasure hunt. I got the kids attention and told them that someone had stolen the treasure (that had been on the table). They were ready to find it, I handed them a bogus treasure map, and pointed out the red tapes lines all over the floor and walls and away they went with loot bags in hand. At the end of the trail was Pirate Paul, who decided that he would share his treasure. They walked away with bags full of treasure, and rings, and candy, and bubbles.
There was lots more playing as the day went on. Hawken had a wonderful time and loved every second of it. Happy Birthday, my big 4 year old!
This video is of Hawken opening his gifts on his actual birthday as well as at the morning before his party started and then video from his actual party. Lucky boy!






3 comments:
What a fun four year old party!
jessie, you know how to party.
You are always such a good party thrower!!
I have to agree with Kelly, you really know how to throw a party, and what fun ideas you come up with. I'm always so impressed and in awe! I love the video - thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment