Thursday, July 31, 2014

Children's Museum

The Children's Museum has to be one of the best places in all of Houston to go to with kids on a hot day who are just itching to play. This particular day, we were there for about 4 hours, and there were still lots of things we didn't get to.  The super hero summer theme is so fun.

Alexandra got to see a few other parts that she hadn't seen yet. Pictures three and four had me laughing so hard I almost peed my pants. They kept making faces by squishing their faces on the window... SO funny.

Face painting fun. They love to do their own creations. Matix was (again) a warrior, Alexandra was an Indian princess, and Lullaby was a butterfly(?!). Hawken likes his face clean.

The inventors' workshop is a HUGE area full of anything you could think of for doing crafts. Popsicle sticks, paper, clothespins, tape, glue, pipe cleaners, tin foil, paper cups, straws, yarn, beads, glitter, string... I really couldn't name everything, there is too much. Basically, it's heaven for artsy and crafty little kids, like these.

Sully boy is so good to sit and chew on spoons or look around while the big kids do their thing. He is SUCH a good baby.

3 comments:

Mom said...

That inventors' workshop is the new coming thing in education, too. Making, doing, inventing, building, creating are all the new buzz words.

Mom said...

Here's a link about "Maker Space" in classrooms. You might be interested: https://21centuryedtech.wordpress.com/2014/07/27/maker-space-in-education-series-20-reasons-your-students-should-be-making/

I don't think it will post as a link. You'd have to copy-paste it.

Stacy said...

Sullie really is so good to sit and watch. I'd love to know what he's thinking. I think you have pictures of some places I haven't seen yet. WOW! :) I love the super hero pics - too fun!