Monday, July 14, 2014

Extreme Bugs - Houston Zoo

We went to see the "Extreme Bugs" exhibit at the zoo before our Wisconsin trip. I hyped it up so much that when we got there and found out it cost extra, I had to take the kids. It was a Honey I Shrunk The Kids feel. The bugs were animatronic and HUGE.

Lullaby was a bit nervous at first and wanted to only view the bugs from the safety of her stroller. Later on, she was more brave.

Some of them were interactive too, and there were little buttons or gears to make them do different things.

The last bug sprayed water on the kids. In real life, this beetle sprays a toxin on it's prey...?! But of course the kids were pretty sure that it was just peeing on them. Very entertaining.

They loved them all and we also went to the new bug house to see real live bugs in action. Not my favorite thing to see at the zoo, but the kids were fascinated. And it was a nice air-conditioned break from the heat.

The kids have been complaining too that I don't take enough MOVIES of them, so here is a compilation of a few clips of the day. 

2 comments:

Mom said...

Dutiful Mom, making a video of them. Your tone of voice sounded less than thrilled! :)

Stacy said...

That first pic of Lullaby on the stroller with her hair up is gorgeous! She is going to be so beautiful - look out! Good thing she has older brothers that look out for her. Those bugs are kind of creepy. But I know how those kids love bugs.