We went to a new beach and literally spent ALL day there. We got there in the early morning and didn't come back to the house until almost bed time. Kailua Beach has beautiful blue cloudy water, and really small waves. We went there with the Hunt family, the Dortch family, and the other Dortch family (they are cousins). Parts of the beach are shaded, so we could play forever with getting too much sun.
The Hunts brought their paddle boards, so Paul and Andy got them and padded them over from where they had parked down the beach.
The kids built sand forts, castles, and dug huge pits to bury each other in. They played football and tag on the beach. It was such a lovely day.
This was also the day we were introduced to dead body art by Callie and Hannah. Apparently she likes to make these and leaves them on the beach to surprise people. It was actually quite good. Hannah made a mermaid version, but I didn't get the completed picture. Pretty good though, huh?
Paul and I took the paddle boards over to "Bird Island" (which you can see in the background of some of the first few beach pictures in this post). It's a very small island, straight out from the beach and is a refuge area for sea birds. People can walk around the edge, but not through the middle of the island. It was a long but easy paddle over there. My GoPro was out of batteries, so when we got there and were going to take a picture, I couldn't. We met some nice ladies over there who offered to take some pictures of us and send them to me. It was SO nice. Here is the view of Kailua Beach from the Bird Island looking back.
And some pictures of us inside a small pool inside the island. It was very cool! Thanks to the lady who brought a camera WITH batteries!















2 comments:
I love that picture in the little pool.
I remember you telling us about that day. It sounded like a great place. I'd like to try those paddle boards someday. I saw them in Miami and on Kona and thought it look like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment