Monday, January 16, 2017

Parade

The elementary school kids did a parade dressed up as story book characters. The schools can't promote Halloween, so they let the kids dress up as story book characters instead. But my kids pick their costumes first, then hunt for a book with that character in it. Thank goodness we have so many books. They each found a Star Wars book and Hawken was Yoda, and Matix was Darth Vader. The kids and I went over to watch the parade and cheer for them. They just walked in big loops, and all the parents took pictures and cheered. It was cute.

2 comments:

Mom said...

So fun! When I was teaching at Fratt we did a costume parade around the double city block and all the neighbors (and many of the parents) came out and sat in lawn chairs and watched.

Stacy said...

What a fun experience for the kids. I like that they involve books with the activity.