On Sunday, after church, Matix decided to be baptized. It was a big deal, and we are proud of him for choosing on his own. He picked out the songs to be sung, "When I Am Baptized" and "I'm Trying to Be like Jesus", and he picked who got to participate in what way. I said the opening prayer, Stacy gave the talk on baptism, Paul gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, and Lee gave the closing prayer. Paul also performed the baptism and confirmation. It was a special day and we all felt the spirit.
Hawken helped hand out the programs.
Just a minute before the baptism, Matix got his fingers pinched in the door. Poor thing. He wasn't sure he was ready to come out for a few minutes, but everyone waited patiently. Paul was very calming and reassuring.
When it was time for the baptism, the kids all ran up and gathered around close so they could see. He had a lot of friends come to support him. Thank you to those that did.
Brother Iosefa stood Matix up to talk about him and the big step he just made. All in all it was such a lovely day. And with it being on Sunday, made it even more special. On Sundays we don't go shopping or out to eat or anything like that, so we were already quite focused on church things. Perfect day for a baptism.
After the last song and a prayer, the custom here is to give the recently baptized people a lei. We brought him a candy one and a big seeded one. He got several others from friends too, and was so thankful!
Trying to get a nice picture with this boy is impossible. This is Paul's child.
Grandma Stacy rode in the backseat with Matix on the way home, and loved on him, making him feel so special.
The festivities didn't end there, Matix got a few gifts from Grandpa Lee and Grandma Stacy too. The set of scriptures was my personal favorite. He is working hard to read and understand the things he reads in the scriptures.
Happy baptism day Matix man! We are so proud of you, and we are happy that you're happy with your decision.






















3 comments:
Grandma is so happy that we were able to be there for your special day. We are so proud of you Matix and love you so much. I know Heavenly Father and Jesus are proud of you too and love you. I'm glad you liked your gifts and I'm so happy that you are reading your scriptures. Grandma loves to read her scriptures. :)
We are so very proud of you,and happy to see pictures of your special day. Glad your grandparents were able to share this day with you. Love your leis
What a beautiful ceremony. I think there might have been a special lesson in getting fingers pinched right before such an important event, but I am not sure what it was.
Post a Comment