I am currently on my flight from Atlanta to Phoenix now, after RUNNING to make my connecting flight from San Juan. I got in at 6:31pm, and my connection left at 7pm (boarding at 6:20pm) Hmmm.... How do they expect me to be able to make it there? Where I got dropped off at and where I had to board this flight were at opposite ends of the airport too. This flight has free wi-fi while we are flying, which I find EXTREMELY fun. You are reading something I am writing and posting at 26,000 feet up! So I tried to take a picture of myself on the plane with photobooth... HA HA! Then I took another one because I looked SO exhausted I laughed at myself, but really Paul has been having the harder time traveling. :)


Paul should be in the airport in Miami with the boys right now, waiting to be picked up by his mom who flew in yesterday to help with the boys while I go to Arizona to get the car and drive it out (with Lee and Colleen).
I hope the last flight for Paul went well. Hawken strapped to his front in the baby bjorn that is WAY too small for him, Matix in the incredibly difficult to break down stroller, one carry-on with wheels, another carry-on that has started to rip, 2 personal items, 1 diaper bag, and hopefully he still has his sanity... :) I love you hubby, you are a rock star! He had both boys by himself, during NAP TIME... Hopefully at least one of the boys fell asleep. Paul is a very capable daddy, so I know I was leaving the boys in good hands. But hearing them cry out for me as I walked away to get on my flight was NOT my favorite thing to hear.
Paul and I had an interesting time getting to this point though. As with ALL of Paul's flights, they were very eventful. :) Just kidding hubby, not all, but a lot. :) Our first flight was Dominica to Antigua. We made the flight fine. Had to shuffle around some weight, and give the guy some of our exceptionally heavy wooden puzzles. :) I think it softened him up, in order for him to let us through. When we got to Antigua, after waiting for our flight to Puerto Rico, they told us it was canceled. :( Boo. The airline put us up in a SUPER fancy hotel. Free everything. :) We ate like kings! We had to cancel and change all of our connecting flights from Puerto Rico. And cancel the hotel in San Juan. We lost a TON of money, and were told, "sorry for the inconvenience"... Soooooooo, hundreds of dollars poorer, and many hours later, we are getting to our destinations... Cheers to traveling. We are excited to be back in the States.
5 comments:
You didn't mention skyping with your mother during the flight. What fun!
Glad you are in the States safe. Keep in touch.
Love, Grandma
Glad you made it!! We are missing you guys already!
All I have to say is WOW! I cannot imagine traveling alone with 2 boys and all that stuff on multiple flights!
How long will you be in AZ? Probably not long...so I will shout a Hey!
Hope you all can get settled in fast in Miami, and I wish you all the best 2011!
Yes, traveling from Dominica is always quite the adventure, isn't it?! I'm sure Paul did great, can't wait to see more updates on everything and have a safe drive!!! Please be careful!
Post a Comment