Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in a nutshell

Since it's New Year's Eve, Paul and I always talk about what our favorite things from the past year have been. A few of our favorites are:
  • January = The boys and I moving back to Dominica once Hawken got his passport so we could be all together again.
  • February = We survived our first semi-close volcanic eruption (2 islands away).
  • March = Matix turns 1 and 1/2 and gets to go to nursery for the first time, and Hawken learns to roll over on the beach.
  • April = Grandma Kim comes for a visit, and Matix hunting for Easter eggs.
  • May = Paul and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary. 4 years married to my best friend.
  • June = Hawken turning 6 months old, and the boys are becoming real friends.
  • July = Grandma Stacy coming for a visit.
  • August = Hawken learning to walk, then full out running.
  • September = Matix turning 2, WOW!
  • October = Trick-or-Treating on campus. Both boys really got into it, such a great age. Hawken was a shark and Matix was a surfer with a bite out of his surf board.
  • November = Thanksgiving on the seaside deck with tons of friends. So memorable.
  • December = Hawken turning 1!! Paul finishing his first 2 years of medical school, moving back to the States, Christmas with Paul's family, and being together just the 4 of us again in our new home here in Miami.
We love our life and our crazy adventures. It isn't always easy, but we love it all. We have 2 beautiful, healthy, silly baby boys. We have each other. We are excited to see what comes next in 2011.

3 comments:

Aaron and Maria Call said...

Sounds like such a great year for you guys! I'm so glad that you are doing well. I miss you so much! I hope you conhtinue to have a wonderful and blessed 2011. I will be updating soon.....Happy New Year....if you are EVER in Salt Lake City.....let me know!

Mom said...

It's all in your outlook! Keep positive, and you'll always be happy.

Ladonnaday said...

Great re-cap! and I loved seeing all the "goodby" pictures. You will forever remember your island days with all your boys:)