The last 2 Sundays we had here have been bittersweet for us. There are many things about island life that we will miss, and many things about island life that make us excited to return to the States. BUT, on our picture perfect walk to church, we mainly focused on what we will miss.
The way Hawken hangs out of the side of the stroller, so he can get a better look at everything. We gave this stroller to a Dominican friend, AJ, so we are just down to the single now. Which is fine, but we will miss seeing him do this.
The goats. One day we saw a momma and her brand new baby goat, wobbly legs, wet fur and his umbilical cord still attached. Amazing.














Walking by the old fish hatchery. This is my shark face. Intimidating, I know. :)
Paul pushes the stroller. Sometimes the paths are difficult and need to be cut back, so I am ever so grateful for my strong and willing hubby. Such a good dad to these boys.
After church we said good bye to lots of our favorite Dominicans and Haitians. We will miss you all, and I'm sad we didn't get pictures of all of you.
Our bright green church building. In the States, most of our church building look the same, but here in the Caribbean, they match all the other brightly colored houses and buildings. I love it.
I love the houses and businesses here. All built in some unique way. Colors are their friends, and they make this place so whimsical.
The fishermen lining the beach with their fresh catches. One cleaning the fish, and the other blowing the conch shell so everyone will know of their catch.
Rainbows after the rain. Even if it was only a drizzle.
Friends and neighbors coming over to play with the boys. So much fun. I have a feeling we will have a lot of "I miss you" posts about Dominica coming soon...
3 comments:
Aawww . . . made me cry!
You just made me homesick. Wild. Thanks.
teary too- I'm so happy that you have kept a happy attitude through the whole ride- there are sooo many things to miss- GREAT job- you will love the US too- so the happiness will just keep coming! :)
Post a Comment