Saturday, December 4, 2010

huh...

So what happened to my productive day...? Well, I set the boys up in these new fun "chairs" ~ they are really the toy bins, but the boys thought they worked great as little chairs. I let them watch a movie and I got to work.

They were doing great keeping busy and not getting into trouble, at first... When I went back to the bed room to hang up the clean laundry, they followed me. We currently have a mattress on the floor next to our bed, since the bed in the boys room wasn't needed in there... So, the boys were, of course, jumping on the mattress and getting crazy. I told Matix to be careful, and then moments later he fell. :( Hitting his head near his eye, splitting it open, and proceeded to bleed all over EVERYTHING. He was very scared of the blood and kept telling me "uh-oh! MESS!!" After cleaning him up, I saw that although very deep, the cut was tiny. And he loves band-aides, woo-hoo, I knew that would come in handy!

We went over to our neighbor's house to see if he thought it needed a stitch. He checked it out, cleaned it and re-dressed it. He thought it was fine without a stitch. THANK GOODNESS. What a nightmare. Matix was more concerned with the blood than he was hurt, and was back happily playing soon after.
So, all in all, I had a halfway productive day. Hopefully I can get more done today. :)

2 comments:

Ray, Star, Tanner, and Connor said...

Cute chairs! So sorry that Matix hurt himself...but happy no stitch was needed. Cute band-aid!

Mom said...

With an active boy like Matix, I'm sure liking bandaids WILL come in handy a lot!