Tuesday, November 5, 2013

adventures documented via iPhone

We had playgroup at the church building just before Halloween. Most of the kids dressed up a bit (Matix had bad behavior before going, so he lost that privilege) and ran around and played. We all also brought some food to share for lunch. It was a big turn out and the kids had fun.

Lullaby got a cute headband. This isn't the best picture of her in it, but it's the only one I have so far. She looks ADORABLE in it. She is growing up so fast.

Quick stop at a playground with the whole fam. I love going out all together.

Trying out several new pumpkin recipes lately, and we have found a favorite. I tweaked the recipe from the original several times and found the best adjustments. So yummy! I will have to post it sometimes soon.  Our neighbors have been helping us with the taste testing...

Hawken with his ratty blankie. It has been torn in half and sewn back together a few times now. The edges are all frayed and falling apart. But he loves it. It is supposed to stay in his bed, but somehow sneaks out almost every day. :)

Across the street from our neighborhood is a church and one morning as we were leaving to run some errands, we saw balloons all over the place. I drove over and asked what was going on and it was a free community event. They had a bounce house, hotdogs, games, music, and were giving away free turkeys for Thanksgiving. The kids bounced and bounced and bounced and loved it. I didn't get a turkey because I wasn't sure what the intention of giving them away was, to people who couldn't afford it? To raise awareness of their nice charitable church? What? But I dropped my license there in the parking lot as we were leaving and they called me to tell me. I went back several hours later, just before they were finishing up and they still had tons of turkeys they wanted to give away, so I took one then. Hooray for free turkey, now I for sure have to attempt it for Thanksgiving!

Picture for any inquiring grandparents... Matix and Hawken think they NEED a lunch box for next year. Matix actually will, since he will be in Kindergarten, but Hawk won't... Lullaby of course needs one since she sees the boys needing one.  These are the ones they love. Matix loves the superhero one, Hawken loves the Ninja Turtles one, and Lullaby loves the princess one.

I love having the preschool kiddies at my house. While the kids thought they were playing with play doh, I was getting them to do some letter recognition and we spelled lots of words. Their names were the most fun to do. The kids loved it.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm so glad you're getting some use out of that stuff!

Stacy said...

I love the everyday pics. How fun. Good job on the free turkey. Just use a turkey cooking bag - it has worked out great for me every time. Does Lullaby leave her headbands on? If so, I'll make ones that match her outfits.