Since the baby slept ALL night for the first time ever (7pm to 5:45am-just to nurse then slept until 7:30am), I was feeling great! I made cinnamon rolls for the kids (although they also wanted to eat cereal).
Before getting ready for preschool, Hawk spent some time snuggling with Solace, a typical morning activity. So sweet.
Later after Hawken went to school (Mindy drove today - thanks Mindy!), then Lulli had her turn snuggling our ever loving little guy.
Hawk came home at lunch time and showed off his awesome artwork. They painted over their names (made out of tape) and then peeled the tape off. I'm going to frame it for his room. I love it.
After lunch and naps, the boys built this massive train track. I love that they still love trains. It has been a toy that they have gotten so much use out of. They are so creative when they play with their trains, making up story lines and using silly voices to talk as the trains. I love watching them.
Solace eating his hand. He does this if he doesn't have a paci in his mouth. And he is SO noisy about it. You would think he was actually eating something.
Paul left before the kids woke up and wasn't going to be home for dinner either, so I brought my phone to the table to take pictures to send to him. It's a good thing I did, because the boys were dying laughing at Solace chewing on my hand. Solace doesn't like to lay on his play mat anymore during meals. He likes to sit up facing everyone at the table. He smiles and coos and loves this time. Lately he has figured out how to get things into his mouth and chewing on my hand was what he was working on so hard at dinner.
I got some pics of the boys laughing about it. I thought they were going to choke they were giggling so much. Full mouths, scrunched up noses from smiling so big, and blurry faces from moving so quickly. I love these pictures.
Lullaby was covered in her dinner, as usual. She is the only person who can make steamed broccoli this messy. The dark purple black berries she ate just fine, no mess, not even on her fingers. Crazy.
And that was our day. Beginning to end. Not glamourous or exciting, but nice. After Paul got home, and ate some food and talked a bit he said he was feeling better about his day. I'm glad that when he has a bad day, I have a good one to help brighten his, and vise versa. Yesterday was my long day and Paul cheered me up, now it was my turn.









5 comments:
I love all your posts!! Your days mirror ours. And I can't believe you will have a kindergartner either, that means I will too!!!
A great day!
You are such a great support to Paul and a great mom
You two compliment each other so amazingly. Just like Peanut Butter and Jellie! :)
such a neat post! I love everything about this
Post a Comment