Monday, November 11, 2013

Halloween!

After much procrastination on my part, I am finally posting about trick-or-treating. We waited to see if the rain would stop before we decided to go up to Spring to go trick-or-treating with Dale and Vanessa and their kiddies. I tried to get a group shot before going, but the kids were anxious and I didn't notice that the camera was still on manual focus, so this was as good as I got before we all went running in different directions. Our kids were Batman, Robin, Catwoman and The Riddler.  Dale and Vanessa's kiddies were a ninja, princess, and a duck.

A few of the people in their neighborhood were really into Halloween. There was a mini haunted house for the kids to walk through, with a smoke machine and everything... very spooky. Black lights in the garage. Not quite as elaborate as the people last year in Atlanta, but still fun.

The kids lasted longer this year, but were still wiped out after an hour or so.  They had a fun time together. I can hardly wait to see if Solace will be walking next year so he can trick or treat too!
Happy Halloween!

I took a (very few) video clips that night, but I wanted to remember them, so here they are. I got the before and after of a horrible adult lady who scared Matix, Hawken and Gavin (the first two clips). I tried to laugh and make it less scary for them, but initially Gavin was really upset, and Matix fell over backward trying to get away from the lady and spilled his bucket of candy. You can see that they were fine just moments later, but really, adults, leave SMALL children ALONE! Come on!

6 comments:

Mom said...

Still a wonderful experience, and so lucky that Paul was off that night! Also I love the new header! You drew it yourself, right?

Mom said...

Don't forget it's Grandma's birthday. She would love a phone call.

Josh and Kelly said...

Cute header!!!! And cute kids!

Michigan Roys said...

I am jealous that your kids can be dressed like that because you are still having "nice" weather. Cute costumes!

Stacy said...

Too cute - looks like they had fun.

The Fredericks said...

too too too cute! I LOVE the theme!!